Emerging independent curators are invited to submit exhibition proposals on a rolling basis. Please note that there is an artist fee available for both curators and artists. Baxter St at CCNY does not provide a production budget for guest curated exhibitions. The deadline for the 2019-20 season is June 7, 2019.
- Curatorial Proposals may have up to four artists, and may not include the curator as an exhibiting artist.
- Potential artists must be contacted by curators prior to submission of proposal to confirm interest.
- Artists and curators that have previously exhibited with Baxter St at CCNY must wait two full years before exhibiting again and/or submitting another proposal.
Baxter St at CCNY is committed to exhibiting work from emerging and under-represented lens based artists. We are also especially committed to exhibiting:
- Projects from emerging curators and artist-curators.
- Work that contributes to the ongoing dialogue about contemporary art practices within lens based arts or puts a new perspective on historical work.
- Projects that push curatorial practice in new and interesting directions.
- Projects that show artists not already represented by New York galleries.
Please keep in mind our limited gallery space while proposing your project.Baxter St at CCNY strongly discourages proposals from curators that include their own work as part of the exhibition.
How to Submit / Format Requirements:
Please submit all your materials within one PDF DOCUMENT in the order and format listed below. Email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Curatorial Submission.
1. An overview page with a) name of curator, email address and website; b) name(s) of artist(s), where they are based, email addresses and websites for each; c) a one-paragraph summary of the concept behind the proposal (it can a paragraph extrapolated from the one-page statement).
2. A one-page statement describing the concept of the exhibition (maximum 300 words).
3. Up to 16 images total, with up to 4 images for each artist if proposing a group show. Images should be jpegs, 800 dpi on the long side. Each image should be a page within the PDF document.
4. Up to 2 videos can be submitted via YouTube or Vimeo Links, please list them on a separate page in the PDF document.
5. An image checklist for photo/video work submitted. Include the image number, artist name, title, year, medium and dimensions.
6. Resume(s) and bio(s) of the curator(s).
7. Resume(s) and brief bio(s) of all artists to be included.