Call for Curators
Our Call for Curators 2022 is now open. Applications close July 29th at 11:59 pm EST.
Emerging independent curators are invited to submit exhibition proposals. Please note that there is an artist fee available for both curators and artists as well as a production budget for guest curated exhibitions.
- Curatorial Proposals may have up to two artists, and may not include the curator as an exhibiting artist.
- Potential artists must be contacted by curators prior to submission of proposal to confirm interest.
- Artists and curators that have previously exhibited with Baxter St at CCNY must wait two full years before exhibiting again and/or submitting another proposal.
- Curators applying must be located within the tri-state (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) area at the time of the exhibition.
Baxter St at CCNY is committed to exhibiting work from emerging and under-represented lens based artists. We are also especially committed to exhibiting:
- Projects from emerging curators and artist-curators.
- Work that contributes to the ongoing dialogue about contemporary art practices within lens based arts or puts a new perspective on historical work.
- Projects that push curatorial practice in new and interesting directions.
- Projects that show artists not already represented by New York galleries.
Please keep in mind our limited gallery space while proposing your project. Baxter St at CCNY strongly discourages proposals from curators that include their own work as part of the exhibition.
How to Submit / Format Requirements:
Please submit all your materials through Submittable at https://cameraclubofny.submittable.com/submit/227794/2022-guest-curatorial-open-call .
An overview page with a) name of curator, email address and website; b) name(s) of artist(s), where they are based, email addresses and websites for each; c) a one-paragraph summary of the concept behind the proposal (it can be a paragraph extrapolated from the one-page statement).
A one-page statement describing the concept of the exhibition (maximum 300 words).
Up to 8 images total, with up to 4 images for each artist if proposing a group show. Images should be jpegs, 800 pixels on the long side.
Up to 2 videos can be submitted, up to 3 minutes long max.
An image checklist for photo/video work submitted. Include the image number, artist name, title, year, medium and dimensions.
Resume(s) and bio(s) for curator(s)
Resume(s) and bio(s) for artist(s)
|Baxter St at the Camera Club of New York is a 501(c)3 artist run arts organization. Support for the guest-curated exhibition series provided by the Phillip and Edith Leonian Foundation, the 7G Foundation; New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature; The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts; New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council; Jerome Foundation; National Endowment for the Arts; Steven Amedee Fine Custom Framing; Fujifilm of North America; Yarden Winery; and Awagami Factory.|