CCNY’s Internship Program provides undergraduate and graduate students as well as beginning professionals with practical hands-on experience in the non-profit arts field. We want our interns to work with us, not get us coffee. Participants in the program will be working on the various programs, exhibitions and events.
All interested individuals eighteen years of age and older are eligible to apply for an internship. Qualifications vary for each intern, and some positions may require college or graduate training and/or professional experience. We ask for a commitment of 1 day a week for a three-month period, and are able to offer academic credit as well as free hours in our digital lab. International candidates are encouraged to apply, but please note that we do not provide visas. This internship is non-paid.
EXHIBITION, MEDIA AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
This position will be involved with all of the following aspects of Baxter St’s operations:
- overall exhibition organization and design
- installation problem solving
- archiving historical documents and cataloguing the Baxter St Library
- contacting artists, coordinating shipping of artwork and assisting in openings and conversations
- gallery maintenance
- assisting with all grants from government, foundation, and corporate sources and the Membership program
- researching prospective donors, program planning, Membership events, budgeting and solicitation for special projects, and grants writing
- social media and outreach campaigns
Baxter St at CCNY interns will work closely and collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and Executive Director, obtaining administrative and curatorial skills while creating lasting change for one of New York’s oldest artist-run organizations.
Interns must submit a cover letter, two contact references from professors and/or previous employers and a resume to email@example.com
We are currently looking to recruit interns who are able to start immediately. Apply today!