Organization: Baxter St at The Camera Club of New York
Location: New York
Title: Program Coordinator
Education: 4-Year Degree
Position Level: Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
Baxter St at the Camera Club of New York (Baxter St at CCNY), a non-profit art organization, seeks a highly organized Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will provide general support of the robust programming at Baxter St at CCNY, a creative, fast-paced work environment. Baxter St at CCNY’s mission is to support emerging lens-based artists through our programming which includes: Membership, Conversations Series, Exhibition Space, Workspace Residency Program, and the Annual Zine and Self-Published Photo Book Fair.
The ideal candidate is experienced in handling a range of executive support-related tasks and is able to work independently. The candidate will assist the Director is managing and administering the programs as well as the day-to-day operations of running a non-profit arts organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee and prepare for all programming including exhibitions, conversations series, workspace residency, and zine fair
- Organizes and oversees member and intern events (annual member meeting, Member gatherings, Member Critique nights)
- Assists with special events (Annual Auction and Gala)
- Organizes and assists the management of internship team. Tasks include scheduling and overseeing intern duties
- General office assistance including back-up receptionist duties, processing mail, and facilitating all correspondence including responding to email and phone calls
- Oversees communication marketing, email blasts, and website updates
- Front of house duties at openings and events as needed; includes some evenings and weekends (for development as well)
- Processes donations, including acknowledgments
- Maintains donor and membership information in database
- Manages reception and cultivation event invitations, lists, vendor contracts, and RSVPs
- Maintains paper and electronic files and assists with assembling materials
- Tracks deadlines for grant proposals, reports, and other projects as needed
- Assists with grant writing and follow up
- Maintains the Membership base (correspondence with Members and tracking membership, scheduling scanner usage)
- Take notes at meetings and maintain a master task list
Bachelors Degree is required, Masters preferred, and 2+ years of office experience. Interest—and ideally strong experience—in nonprofit programming and the arts. Excellent communication skills, strong organizational abilities, attention to detail, and skill at multitasking. Ability to work with many people of diverse backgrounds. A plus is a sense of humor and a must is the capacity to stay calm in a fast-paced work environment. Proficiency in MS word, Excel, basic graphic design and photo editing skills, and database usage. Must be available to work Saturdays, and occasionally evenings and Sunday.
Send a cover letter and CV (in a single PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23rd, 2020. References upon request.