We’re hiring a Community Outreach Coordinator
The Community Outreach Coordinator at Baxter St at The Camera Club of New York works closely with Baxter St colleagues and existing and potential community partners to develop and implement high-quality programs that foster engagement and authentic connections with the artistic communities we serve and the diverse communities that geographically surround us. The individual in this role will provide both strategic direction for and implementation of inclusive, interactive programming and opportunities that prioritize diverse community participation while serving Baxter St’s mission.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary $47,500 annually 40 hrs/week
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Collaborate with Baxter St colleagues to create programming and activities that break down barriers of involvement and build bridges with surrounding neighborhoods to enhance the organization’s community contributions and outreach.
– Plan and coordinate a variety of community events, including exhibitions, workshops, lectures, and social gatherings that align with Baxter St’s overall mission and strategic plan.
– Develop sustainable, reciprocal relationships within the community, including advocating for and engaging diverse audiences.
– Initiate, activate, and retain a Community Action Committee made up of key community members who will convene regularly and help inform activities.
– Act as a liaison between Baxter St and community members, responding to inquiries, concerns, and feedback in a timely and helpful manner.
– Oversee the hiring of and collaboration with contracted artists, instructors, speakers, performers etc. for program delivery.
– Work with Baxter St colleagues on related marketing initiatives and conduct audience outreach.
– Increase visibility of Baxter St in alignment with the needs of the communities we serve.
– Collaborate with Baxter St colleagues to foster engagement in online forums, social media, and other communication channels.
– Assist in creating and curating content, such as blog posts, newsletters, and social media updates that inform and engage the community.
– Define and track progress towards mutually defined program outcomes and goals.
– Retain records of Community Engagement activities including enrollment and attendance numbers, as well as evaluations and program impact records. Gather feedback from community members and event attendees to identify areas for improvement and growth.
– Collaborate with Baxter St colleagues and the Community Action Committee to make data-driven decisions to enhance the community’s experience.
– Maintain the budget for key programs and think strategically about the resources needed for sustainability and growth.
– Manage administrative tasks related to community initiatives, including tracking budgets, organizing resources, and maintaining event schedules.
Core Competency Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field (communications, arts, event management) or equivalent experience.
– A passion for photography, the arts, and their power to bring people together.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
– Previous experience in event coordination, community management, or a related role.
– Familiarity with social media platforms and community management tools.
– Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
– Strong commitment to fostering inclusivity and diversity within the workplace and community.
– A sense of humor and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
– Second language preferred.