We’re hiring a Development Associate
The Development Associate (part-time, 24hr/week) at Baxter St at The Camera Club of New York works
closely with Baxter St colleagues to identify, engage, and steward new and existing funding sources, with a focus on individual donors. This position will report to the organization’s Executive Director and work
closely with its Gallery Manager to drive Baxter St’s strategic priorities forward and ensure long-term
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Salary $35,000 annually 24 hrs/week
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Collaborate with Baxter St colleagues and board members to grow a newly launched affinity group, including designing and implementing special events and fostering connections between group members.
– Develop and manage a portfolio of donors capable of giving up to $5,000.
– Conduct research on potential donors.
– Prepare research and other documents for the Executive Director ahead of donor meetings.
– Prepare correspondence, including solicitation and renewal letters, gift proposals, and acknowledgements. Contribute to the creation of organizational collateral for fundraising purposes.
– Coordinate gallery tours for donors and other VIPs.
– Plan and assist with donor cultivation and stewardship activities, including events, meetings, and solicitations.
– Maintain and update donor records and pipelines.
Core Competency Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
– 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising with individual donors for cultural organizations.
– A passion for photography, the arts, and their power to bring people together.
– Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
– Previous experience in event coordination.
– Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously against deadlines and with attention to detail.
– Energetic self-starter with a positive attitude, empathetic disposition, and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances. Must display superior judgment and the highest ethical standards.
– Strong commitment to fostering inclusivity and diversity within the workplace and community.
– Must be able to work some evenings and weekends with prior notice.